Porta are committed to providing architects and designers with the resources and knowledge about timber to support specifying and designing for optimal performance.
Our CPD presentation is for architects, designers, landscape architects and those who work in landscape construction who love the feel, warmth and aesthetics of timber in your designs.
Porta’s ‘Designing with Sustainable Timber – External’ CPD presentation is designed to help you understand the key factors required to ensure timber used in your designs and specifications is responsibly sourced and designed in such a way to ensure it will last for years to come, as well as achieving sustainable building design criteria.
Porta offer an in-house presentation that provides a valuable opportunity to expand your knowledge and understanding of designing with timber, along with showcasing the latest timber products and services with you.
If you would like to book an in-house presentation, complete the form below and one of our presenters will be in contact to schedule a suitable date and time. Please specify if you would like us to share more about Porta’s timber products and services.For groups of 6 or more, we offer a light lunch, morning or afternoon tea.
Join one of our upcoming special events, with Fireshield.
Topic: Designing With Sustainable Timber – External
• Understand how responsibly sourced timber aids in sustainable design
• The key characteristics of timber and how they are measured
• Timber compliance with various NCC requirements
• How to select the right timber for the right application
• Good timber design principles
• The importance of protection and maintenance systems
• Exploring what is possible in custom timber designs
Porta’s sales and architectural team offer you deep expertise in timber and how to design for optimal performance.
Our team is divided into two areas:
- Architects / Designers
- Landscape Architects / Landscape Construction
The CPD can be tailored to run for 1.5 hours or we can adapt to fit in the content within 1 hour. We recommend some time for Q&A.